open to grace was founded in November 2016 by Connie Gorming and Irene Herbst – both Yoga Teachers located in Copenhagen Denmark.
All items in our store has been handpicked and personal tested to ensure high quality and the best fitting athleisure wear for all kind of movement - sweaty or chill - day and night.
We carry a range of clothing, yogagear, accessories and products for the body and soul - minded on dressing the whole you. Our list of brands is a mix of high end to a more casual and timeless style. We have made a big effort to present you for new exiting Scandinavian and European brands – in Denmark only sold by open to grace – so you can keep your inner body bright and outer body soft and beautiful.
open to grace is driven by the passion to good quality, great comfort and long-lasting products combined with fabulous looks. We work with a conscious and responsible mind and we truly care about the footprints we leave behind us.
Producing materials and products will always have an impact on the environment and the challenge is to minimize it as much as possible. We take great care in selecting our fabrics and vendors to make sure that they share our values. Yet working with a sustainable approach is a constant process and we always try to improve and to do better than yesterday.
Sustainable products can be organic materials, recycled materials, recycled plastics, local production etc. Our products are all handpicked and chosen out from at least one or more of below listed criteria’s.
- High quality is essential for us. We believe in slow fashion and timeless long-lasting products that will be used over and over again. We are always in season, so you can keep your inner body bright and outer body soft and beautiful.
- All of our wellbeing products for face, hair and body are certified organic and eco-friendly. Sunscreens are validated non-ecotoxic to marine life and contains no chemical filters. Only natural mineral pigments are used to block the sun’s UVA and UVB rays. No parabens, petroleum, pesticides or synthetic fragrances.
- Recycled fabrics comes from raw material that’s already has been collected. These are typical more technical fabrics like polyester or polyamide - often used in sportswear because of moisture management and stretch ability. Recycled polyester is made from recycled water bottles and uses around 53% less energy and water. It also produces 54% fewer greenhouse gas emissions than regular polyester. Degenerated polyamide fibres comes from post-consumer materials. A pair of leggings recycles approximately 25 plastic bottles.
- Natural fibres like organic cotton, silk, linen, wool and cashmere is generally more sustainable than synthetic fiberswhich require higher energy use. The production and harvest of most of these fibers requires less energy than industrial manufacturing of synthetic ones. The plants they originate from do not emit carbon dioxide - they absorb it. Additionally, natural fibers are 100% biodegradable and they close the product life cycle in a sustainable manner
- Handmade and small-scale products are often made according to ancient techniques typical for regions and combined with fair trade this is an opportunity to step away from impersonal and fast mass-production. Especially our jewelry is made in small productions and from ancient local techniques in respect for its craftsmen and -women
- Local production and transportation go hand in hand and most products are made within Europe. Producing in Europe ensures that local labour laws and sustainability standards are respected and transport routes are kept short minimizing CO2 emissions. Only a few vendors are located outside Europe (USA) but here they are locally produced, and transportation is minimized.
We try as far as we can to be conscious around packaging. We use environmentally friendly and BIO degradable packaging. You may also find shredded newspapers and used paper in your package that protects your purchase. This we have chosen to do in order to reuse the materials that we already have at our disposal.
Live Life with Grace
2100 København Ø